[mosh-users] Can't connect using Mosh on mobile/cellular network

Nathan Van Ymeren nathan.vany at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:11:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

I feel as though I have been missing out. Everywhere on the internet I read
about how great mosh is when used over dodgy 3G/4G networks but I have
never been able to connect unless I am on a WiFi network.

In other words, I cannot use mosh over 4G.

I can ssh to my server using any app on my phone, so I know the server
works.

I can mosh to my server if my phone is connected to a WiFi network, so I
know mosh is set up properly on my server.

I cannot mosh to that server from my phone over mobile network. If I try to
connect over mobile, I receive the "no response from server" error.
Screenshot available on request, though I fear it will put my message over
the 40kB limit.

Can anyone help me?

Nathan