[mosh-users] Mosh, clusterssh and colors

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff stdin at niklaas.eu
Tue Jun 7 02:46:13 EDT 2016

Hi,

I use clusterssh to administer multiple accounts simultaneously.
Further, I use a base16 theme [1] to get a nice Look&Feel in the
terminal. And, I'm a big fan of mosh; so I use it for my day to day
work.

1: https://github.com/chriskempson/base16-shell

I would like to combine the power of mosh with the power of clusterssh.
Normally, clusterssh uses simple ssh for connecting to remotes.
I altered the configuration so that it uses mosh:

--------------------8<--------------------

ssh=mosh
ssh_args=''
terminal_colorize=0
key_paste=

Unfortunately though, if I open terminals to remotes with this
configuration cannot enjoy the nice Look&Feel that I am used to. It
seems that the combination of clusterssh and mosh breaks 256 colors. Do
you have an idea why?

Using either ssh or mosh without clusterssh works fine. Using ssh and
clusterssh works fine. But using mosh and clusterssh doesn't.

Do you have an idea how to debug this?

    Niklaas