[mosh-users] Roaming IP

Anders Kaseorg andersk at mit.edu
Fri Oct 30 21:10:23 EDT 2015

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Riccardo Romoli wrote:
> I'm new of mosh and I have a question about detach/re-attach session. I
> create a new session, at work, [...] Than I detach from the session
> using Ctrl-^ and Ctrl-z. I hibernate my laptop. At home I resume my
> laptop and using "fg" I try to reconnect to the work-session: [...] I
> get the following:
>
> mosh: Last contact XX:xx ago. [To quit: Ctrl-^]

It does not help to explicitly suspend and fg the client.  All that will
do is potentially make the local terminal state go out of sync.  Does it
work if you simply leave the client running across hibernation?

One reason it might not work is if you need to use a different server IP
from home and from work.  Different client IP is fine; different server IP
is not yet implemented.  See
https://github.com/mobile-shell/mosh/issues/210.

Anders