[mosh-users] Alternate character set support (line grpahics) with terminfo

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:51:27 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Keith Winstein <keithw at mit.edu> wrote:

>> I *never* get stuck in hieroglyphs with any terminal. So, this is
>> pointless.
>

> You will if you run something like: echo -e "\033(0"

For me the most common way for this to happen is to accidentally 'cat' a
binary file to the terminal.  Does it almost every time.  I've gotten very
good at typing 'reset' blind. ;)

Other than that I was actually unaware of this behavior.  For whatever
reason I've run into very few programs that use it.

--
David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics