[mosh-users] mosh-server processes sticking around?

Anders Kaseorg andersk at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 31 16:45:14 EST 2014

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> Okay, so in this way, mosh is different from normal ssh.  I typically don't
> type screen -D -R until I'm logged in (it needs to be interactive anyway as
> there's a screen password).

Actually, having tried it (on an Ubuntu 12.04 server), screen -D -R also
succeeds for me at killing the mosh-server process, even one in which
screen had been attached from inside the shell after login.  So I’m
curious why you’re seeing different behavior.  In case it makes a
difference, what version of screen do you have?

Anders