[mosh-users] mosh-server processes sticking around?

Anders Kaseorg andersk at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 31 16:01:06 EST 2014

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> I run mosh and screen under FreeBSD 8.3.  When I do a screen -D -R (which
> should power-detach (and log out) the other sessions, the mosh-server
> process sticks around.
>
> I don't see a good way to log them out.

If you run screen directly from the mosh command line, as in

  mosh hostname -- screen -dR

then mosh-server will automatically exit when screen does (e.g. when the
screen is reattached elsewhere).

As for your existing mosh-servers, you will just need to kill them.  If
you’re only using mosh for attaching to screen, there’s no harm in killing
all of them (pkill -u danm mosh-server), after which you can start a new
one as above.

Anders