[mosh-users] Problems with mosh-server and pselect syscall, fixed

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 4 17:50:34 EST 2013

Hi Ingo and Keith,

In general, you should be booting a kernel in Xen that comes from the
guest OS, to avoid glibc mismatches. pselect is not the only system call
that will be confused in this situation, and also udev will often have
problems.

The easiest way to do this is to configure your Xen host to use pygrub.
Alternatively, you could copy the guest's kernel to the host and use that
in the "kernel = " line in the domain's config file.

You don't say what version of Debian you're running, but note that squeeze
and newer kernels can be used on Xen unmodified (and in lenny, you just
need the -xen kernel variant).

--Quentin