[mosh-users] New SSH_AUTH_SOCK value on a new connection to a box?

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 18 16:24:38 EST 2013

Many of our users' requests for a "roamable ssh-agent forwarding" might
already be served by running ssh-over-OpenVPN.

The main benefits from "slosh" would be:

(1) It would be runnable by an unprivileged user.

(2) It would keep TCP connections open even when sleeping and resuming
later.

(3) It would allow roaming with no fuss (I think OpenVPN is already pretty
close to this, but most VPNs aren't).

(4) It would exploit multihoming to stripe datagrams across the best set of
IPv4/v6 addresses available to the server and client.

-Keith