[mosh-users] New SSH_AUTH_SOCK value on a new connection to a box?

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 18 13:35:16 EST 2013

Hello Tim,

Mosh itself doesn't have anything to do with ssh-agent forwarding. Mosh
doesn't maintain an SSH connection and it doesn't forward ssh-agent
requests.

If you need this, you'll have to figure out how to keep an SSH connection
open to forward the ssh-agent requests from the server to the client.
Alternately, there is an experimental branch of Mosh (contributed by Timo
Rinne) that adds ssh-agent forwarding that you can try.

(For the future, I think we have decided not to go in this direction of
adding ssh-agent forwarding and X11 forwarding and SOCKS forwarding to Mosh
and just to make a generic "slosh" as a separate program that ferries a
reliable stream across a roaming, multihomed connection. Our current plans
to do this involve lightweight Linux containers, which are working slickly
in testing but would be Linux-only, so not sure what the community reaction
will be.)

Best regards,
Keith