[mosh-users] New SSH_AUTH_SOCK value on a new connection to a box?

Tim Visher tim.visher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:43:37 EST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get SSH Agent Forwarding to work. When I initially
connect to a box using mosh, my agent forwards fine and I can hop from
that box to somewhere else with no problem.

When I drop that connection and reconnect though, the agent stops
working. grawity on #mosh explained to me that the `SSH_AUTH_SOCK` is
refreshed on every new ssh connection and that previously running
processes (like tmux) will not have their environment updated (indeed
they can't). So I came up with a simple way to put some files out on
the file system with the current variable values and then source them
in the running processes.

As far as I can tell, this worked yesterday.

Today, I went to do the same thing. I moshed in to the box and ran my
variable export scripts and then reconnected to tmux and tried to hop
and received an error.

The `SSH_AUTH_SOCK` value is indeed changing when I mosh in, but it
seems to either be ignored or in some other way be incorrect.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this?

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.