[mosh-users] mosh-server countdown to self-termination after client crash?

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 2 21:18:23 EDT 2012

Hello Stephen,

There's no timeout, the problem being that it's hard to tell whether
the user's laptop has indeed crashed or if they are just on a plane
flight for an hour or 10 hours, or they put their laptop to sleep for
a two-week vacation.

However, the latest mosh-server (in the Git repository) will warn you
on login if you have detached mosh-servers and give you their PIDs so
you can kill them. This feature will be part of the next release, but
you can compile it now if you like.

(You can also check for detached mosh servers yourself in the "who" output.)

Best regards,
Keith