[mosh-users] Mosh compilation on Fedora: protobuf

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:44:14 EDT 2012

I've done some research and saw much commentary about work arounds for
a commonly referenced protobuf and mosh compilation problem, but can't
seem to make any of them work. I'm compiling with gcc version 4.4.6
20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4) (GCC) and I believe I have worked out all
of the dependencies. I consistently receive the following error:

checking for protoc... no
configure: error: cannot find protoc, the Protocol Buffers compiler

Might be useful to mention..

[root at localhost mosh-1.2.2]# !echo
echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/root/lib/pkgconfig

and..

[root at localhost mosh-1.2.2]# ls /root/lib/pkgconfig/
protobuf-lite.pc  protobuf.pc

Thoughts?

Best,

-M<