[mosh-users] Questions about mosh(1) and mosh futures

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 12 01:55:16 EDT 2012

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch!

1. mosh doesn't provide file copying right now. We've had some talk
about doing it, but I wouldn't expect it in the near term. If we do do
it, we will definitely look into the scp issues you bring up and do
our best to avoid them in our own implementation -- thanks for
bringing this to our attention.

2. Yes, mosh should support any authentication means that OpenSSH
does. The "mosh" script invokes SSH to log in to the server and
remotely execute the "mosh-server" process, and will use whatever
authentication means (password, public key, etc.) SSH is set up to
use. If you have trouble for some reason, please let us know (or file
a bug on github) and we should be able to help you get it working.

3. We have some users who have gotten mosh working on cygwin. Would
this meet your needs for a Windows client?

4. I think when we do X tunnelling, general TCP port tunnelling should
be basically the same thing, so sure.

Thanks again for your interest.

Best regards,
Keith