[mosh-users] mosh and stderred

jack@linuxcoffee.com jack at linuxcoffee.com
Wed Apr 11 00:38:49 EDT 2012

Hello List,

I don't expect this to be an issue for anyone else but just in case I
thought I would share.

I have 2 machines that I could not connect out from with mosh.  Connecting
in was just fine.  I was expecting there was something wrong with my ssh
setup that was breaking mosh.

I saw in the mailing list the suggestion to try mosh localhost.  When I
tried that I saw the same thing:

MOSH IP 127.0.0.1
jack at localhost's password:

/usr/bin/mosh: Did not find remote IP address (is SSH ProxyCommand
disabled?).

That still eliminated a lot of things.  It finally dawned on me what these
two machines had in common that was different from all the other machines.
I had installed stderred.  stderred colors text sent to stderr.

https://github.com/sickill/stderred

$ unset LD_PRELOAD
$ mosh localhost

And everything worked fine.