[mosh-users] trouble getting mosh-server to start

Daniele Sluijters daniele.sluijters at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:56:25 EDT 2012

Hello,
> Also I kind of feel like the mosh-server should also be running on example.com (http://example.com), no?
 That's exactly where it should be running. If you're using mosh to connect to example.com, example.com should be the one running mosh-server, not you, you only need to run mosh-client.

So basically what you need to do is:
- install mosh on example.com
- and then from your laptop: mosh user at example.com

If you feel you need to explicitly pass the --server= you need to pass it the result of `which mosh-server` on the example.com server, not the output of `which mosh-server` on your local machine.

So: mosh user at example.com --client=`which mosh-client` --server=`which mosh-server on example.com`, but usually mosh user at example.com will suffice.

--
Daniele Sluijters