[mosh-users] trouble getting mosh-server to start

Adam Ziemba ziemba0123 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:49:50 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I installed Mosh via homebrew, mosh, mosh-server and mosh-client are all in
my path and can be ran in the terminal.

I can't seem to get the mosh-server to start when trying to connect. Maybe
this is because I don't have a working UDP? I have little experience with
UDP, and to be quite honest, I have no idea if it is working on my machine.
Any enlightenment on this would be much appreciated.

What I tried to do:

mosh --server=/usr/local/bin/mosh-server user at example.com

Note I passed --server to try and specifically tell it where it is (this
path confirmed with which mosh-server).
Also tried using sudo, but alas I still get /usr/local/bin/mosh: Did not
find mosh server startup message. and I do not see mosh-server in the
process list.

I can start a mosh-server but simply calling mosh-server but I'm assuming
that's now how your supposed to do it, and eventually the server closes
because nothing's using it.

Also I kind of feel like the mosh-server should also be running on
example.com, no?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

@MusikAnimal