[mosh-devel] Mosh for PC to remote raspberry Pi

Keith Winstein keithw at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 3 23:14:37 EDT 2015

Hello Kris,

Could you point me to the instructions you're following?

The typical use of Mosh just involves typing "mosh <name-of-server>" on the
client, or typing the name of server into the Mosh Chrome app. It doesn't
involve running anything on the server (other than installing mosh in the
first place).

For debugging purposes, it is possible to run the "mosh-server" and
"mosh-client" programs separately (as described on http://mosh.mit.edu),
but in normal use you would just run "mosh," or the Chrome app, on the
client, and it takes care of starting the server. (Just like with SSH, how
you might run "ssh server" on the client.)

If you do want to run mosh-server separately, the command is "mosh-server"
with a dash in the middle.

-Keith