[mosh-devel] Mosh for PC to remote raspberry Pi

Kris Mclean kris at mcleanautomation.com.au
Thu Sep 3 23:04:01 EDT 2015

We normally SSH from a PC (using the Chrome browser SecureShell app) into a
Rpi via wifi on a home network. Recently we got the Pi working on a 3G
dongle & noticed that SSH to the Pi (now outside the home network) no
longer worked.

We installed mosh for chrome on the PC & mosh for Debian on the PI. The
instructions said to run mosh server on the Pi to get a key, IP etc for the
form the Chrome mosh wants filled in. But mosh server on the Pi responds
with;
/usr/bin/mosh: Could not resolve hostname server
ssh_exchange_indentification: Connection closed by remote host
/usr/bin/mosh: Did not find remote IP address (is SSH ProxyCommand
disabled?)

The Pi definitely has a connection;

ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
         inet addr:10.178.192.20  P-t-P:10.64.64.64  Mask:255.255.255.255
         UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
         collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
         RX bytes:128723 (125.7 KiB)  TX bytes:277499 (270.9 KiB)
and ping google.com works. So just wondering what we could try next?
Rgds. Kris Mc(mcleanautomation.com.au)