[mosh-devel] Final pre-release testing

john hood cgull at glup.org
Fri Jul 3 02:49:06 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We think we have something worthy of release, but we need some
independent confirmation that all is working well before we can call it
a release.

Keith has already covered builds for Debian/Ubuntu, but we'd also like
to hear results of testing for other platforms.

A checklist follows.  Feel free to test and check things off and reply:

Platforms/builds/packaging:

_ Mac OS X package (if anyone has 10.11 installed, reports on installs
there would be very helpful)
_ Debian/Ubuntu packages
_ FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, *BSD
_ RedHat/CentOS/Fedora
_ If your organization deploys systems based on older/unsupported OS
releases, we'd like to hear about issues in this area
_ Any other system you will use Mosh on (Solaris, AIX, etc.)

Functionality:

_ Configures and builds correctly (for local builds)
_ IPv6 works correctly (`mosh -6 localhost`)
_ Bash tab completion works, when installed by Debian/Ubuntu packages or
by `make install`, if your system has bash-completion installed
_ Mouse functionality in applications that support it

Thanks for your help!  The sooner we get reports, the sooner we can
release 1.2.5 for general consumption.

regards,

  --jh