[mosh-devel] cygwin mosh wrapper problems?

John Hawkinson jhawk at MIT.EDU
Wed May 29 21:38:26 EDT 2013

Reini Urban <reini at cpanel.net> wrote on Wed, 29 May 2013
at 16:01:51 -0500 in <51A66CBF.9070008 at cpanel.net>:

> The packaged cygwin mosh or latest git mosh compiled on cygwin?

Packaged, sorry.

> No, cygwin has a nice strace.

Gosh, I didn't even think to try! The minimal failure is then:

$ ssh -o "ProxyCommand='mosh' --fake-proxy -- %h %p" -t cvp.mit.edu
mosh: Could not resolve hostname cvp.mit.edu: getaddrinfo: servname not supported for ai_socktype

I'm not sure what's going on here with this. Why would mosh run ssh
with mosh as a proxy?  *confused*

> I get in cygwin with the official package (non-perl /usr/bin/mosh):
>
> $ mosh cvp.mit.edu

Hrmm. Weird, since that's what fails for me.

> With the latest cygwin patches and perl-mosh I have similar problems,
> which I haven't found time to fix yet. I'm pretty sure it's a cygwin
> perl problem with pipes, not mosh.

Huh. Mine is not a perl-mosh. (That would have made debugging much
easier...)

> Since we also have now a new native windows mosh with putty-like ui,
> this is what they want. For sure :)

well, that's not even on the web page yet...

--jhawk at mit.edu
  John Hawkinson