[mosh-devel] Fwd: mosh 1.2.4 on mac quits with error message

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 30 23:54:13 EDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Schreiber <paulschreiber at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mosh-devel] mosh 1.2.4 on mac quits with error message
To: Keith Winstein <keithw at mit.edu>

Hi Keith —

first, an aside. I was unable to configure 1.2.4 from the tarball:

Pauls-MBP:mosh-1.2.4 paul$ ./configure --quiet
configure: WARNING: Unable to find libutempter; utmp entries will not be
made.
configure: error: in `/tmp/mosh-1.2.4':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.
 Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables OPENSSL_CFLAGS
and OPENSSL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
See `config.log' for more details

Next:

> Here’s a corrected pkg we have in testing -- I'd be grateful if you were
able to test it and let us know if it works for you (and what version of OS
X you're running).

I am running on 10.8.3 (12D78) and this package seems to work fine.

Paul