[mosh-devel] MOSH Ideas List 2013

Tim Watts tim.j.watts at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 04:48:36 EST 2013

Hi,

Firstly I would like to say I love mosh. It really solves the problem of
working with a laptop on the train tethered via 3G where the connection
is up and down like a yoyo and my client IP changes randomly.

I would like to offer 2 "wishlist" items to the Mosh 2013 Ideas List:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10o-TLA03bY4cZzEIZR-5wKmBecvYKpOEFRqSJFbIm3M

And these are:

1) To support TCP tunnels aka the -L option in openssh.

I hold several tunnels open on my train journey to work (to access
secured systems like VMWare management and databases) and sadly, I still
rely on the regular ssh client for this with the expected issues.

2) To support socksproxy tunnels aka the openssh -D option.

I'll humbly leave those ideas with you.

Kind regards and all the best,

Tim Watts

--
Tim Watts                               Tel (VOIP): +44 (0)1580 848360
Systems Manager              Digital Humanities, King's College London

Systems Messages and Notifications: https://systemsblog.cch.kcl.ac.uk/
Personal Blog:                         http://squiddy.blog.dionic.net/