[mosh-devel] tunneling using mosh

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 22:29:42 EDT 2013

All,

This may be a long-shot, but I'll ask anyways..

Is there a way to use mosh as a tunnel, like you can with ssh? I'd like to
be able to use it like remote desktop or logmein, ie: with a third party
server hosting a service so I could connect from two private servers to the
central service and have a shell login on the remote device - even if that
device is behind a firewall.

I'd love to use ssh in this context, but it has all the drawbacks that ssh
usually has - ie: prone to failing, disconnects, etc. And of course,
logmein and remote desktop have the drawback that the computer, when being
controlled, shares mouse and screen between both users - wheras I want to
have separate control.

Mosh would really help me out in this instance, but I'm not sure if the
protocol would support this mode.

Thanks much for any help,

Ed