[mosh-devel] Status of two submitted patches

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 16 13:38:51 EDT 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:

>> Keegan: Can you weigh in here on whether we depend on pselect()'s
>> atomicity and whether this usage here is ok in practice?
>
> If the code in the client or the server had called select with an
> infinite timeout, then I would have worried a bit more.
>
> A correct but more portable alternative would be the "self-pipe" trick.
>
> http://cr.yp.to/docs/selfpipe.html

Mosh actually used to do exactly that, but then we had to rip the code out
because of Debian politics. (We used the implementation from libstddjb,
and Debian insisted that we couldn't duplicate code from another package -
even though we needed the code to be built in a different way.)

--Quentin