[mosh-devel] tried really hard...

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 5 01:25:02 EDT 2012

Hello Albert,

I didn't see the attached image at first. The issue is basically as
explained therein -- "Please verify that UDP port 60001 is not
firewalled and can reach the server."

On the server, try listening on a UDP port (e.g. run "nc -u -l 60001").

On the client, run "nc -u [servername] 60001".

Then try typing some lines into the client, and see if they show up on
the server. You need working UDP connectivity to use Mosh. If even nc
can't send data via UDP, there may be a firewall in the way that is
blocking UDP -- but this depends on your network setup.

Best regards, and hope this helps,
Keith