[mosh-devel] tried really hard...

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 5 01:17:11 EDT 2012

Hello Albert,

How did you install the mosh-server binary on the server, and where did
you put it?

Try running "mosh [servername] --server=/full/path/to/mosh-server",
replacing the pathname with the actual path to the mosh-server.

To work by default, the mosh-server needs to be in your PATH when you
remotely execute a command by ssh. Try running:

$ ssh [servername] 'echo $PATH'

If this doesn't contain the directory that holds your mosh-server, there's
your problem.

Please note that we have a binary package on our site
(http://mosh.mit.edu) which installs mosh-client and mosh-server into
/usr/bin. You might try this instead of trying to compile it yourself into
/usr/local/bin.

Best regards,
Keith