[mosh-devel] stripping locale support from mosh

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:09:20 EDT 2012

All,

Again, this is in pursuit of better, more bullet proof connections in
automation. Could mosh perhaps be able to disable locale support, or
make it optional?

For several applications of mosh (including mine) unfortunately this
is critical - the 'devices' we produce, for example are stripped down
versions of centos and hence DON'T have any locale info installed (in
fact there isn't even the locale binary) and hence the locale
requirement makes using mosh infeasible..

Having an option to compile mosh with plain-old ascii would be great
here - elsewise I'm not sure how I could use mosh as I envision here.

Thanks much, and workarounds again are appreciated..

Ed