[mosh-devel] Mosh 1.1 release candidate

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 18 06:54:06 EDT 2012

I pushed a Mosh 1.1 release candidate to github and the Ubuntu PPA.

Compared with 1.0, this has:

* 256color support (TERM needs to be set to a 256-color terminal, like
xterm-256color or screen-256color-bce)
* support for running a particular command on the server, e.g.,
"screen -x" (by appending to the mosh command line)
* A 60-90% speedup
* Some minor fixes/cleanups

It breaks the ability of the 1.1 mosh client script to connect to a
1.0 server (the reverse is fine). Hopefully this will be the last
break for a while.

I also updated Linerva so that it keeps Kerberos tickets and AFS
tokens when you log in.

Please test the 1.1 release candidate if you can, and hopefully if all
is good we can push it out to Debian, MacPorts, homebrew, and Fedora.

And then it will be time for an actual announcement!

-Keith