[mosh-devel] mosh 1.2.2 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:13:53 EDT 2012

I am curious if you were able to measure/see
any differences in network latency (particularly over wifi) by the
switch to AF42 + ECN, or
had any difficulties getting packets through?

I saw all sorts of interesting behavior on a recent test across the
country as to stripping bits (some ended up with ECN set, but nothing
else, others ended up with CS1 set, some preserved all the bits), but
lacking a means to compare A/B

all I can say is that it feels better on saturated best effort wifi networks.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Keith Winstein <keithw at mit.edu> wrote:
> Hello Mosh users and developers,
>
> mosh 1.2.2 has been released.
>
> The source code is at:
> https://github.com/downloads/keithw/mosh/mosh-1.2.2.tar.gz
>
> This is a minor maintenance release that:
>
> * Removes the warning on out-of-order packets (this was firing too
> often on some Wi-Fi networks)
>
> * Adds an experimental "--predict=experimental" mode to predict
> immediately, even if recent predictions were incorrect
>
> ===
>
> mosh 1.2.2 is backwards-compatible with mosh clients back to 0.96 and
> mosh servers back to 1.0.9. Please let us know of any problems
> (https://github.com/keithw/mosh/issues).
>
> Best regards from the Mosh team,
> Keith

Dave Täht