[mosh-devel] Updated: mosh-1.2.2-2 (experimental)

Reini Urban reini at cpanel.net
Fri Jul 20 10:21:29 EDT 2012

On 07/20/2012 01:29 AM, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> * Reini Urban<rurban at x-ray.at>  [2012-07-19 15:10:13 -0500]:
>> For those who have problems with mosh to connect from cygwin to
>> hosts which require ssh client keyboard interaction (host keys,
>> yes/no, passphrase) I've uploaded an experimental build using this
>> branch: https://github.com/piannucci/mosh/tree/patch-3
>
> Sorry if my last mail was a bit too harsh.

No prob. I like good testers and critics, esp. when they are right.

And I could finally reproduce the broken perl behavior.
I'm not sure that it is IO::Pty's fault, I rather believe it is perl itself.

> I should be able to install this with the Cygwin installer, right? Do
> I have to chose a specific mirror or something?

Yes. Should be everywhere.

> I see 1.2.2-1 in the installer, and the behaviour still didn't change,
> I'm still unable to connect even with a working pubkey without a
> password. On the other side, I don't see a mosh.exe anywhere.

Then you have the old version still. 1.2.2-2 it should be,
with /usr/bin/mosh.exe

> Connecting via running mosh-client and mosh-server by hand works by
> the way. I can't test using mosh-server on Windows though.

In the cygwin setup.exe screen search for mosh to filter the packages,
click on the upper right side to the (o) Exp Radiobutton
("Exp" for Experimental).

Or cycle click onto the version numbers in the "New" column for mosh
until you get 1.2.2-2.

Note that the Category: Interpreter for this experimental package is
still wrong. This is a setup.exe limitation.

I'm not comfortable to release this cygwin package as current,
it really is mosh-1.3.
--
Reini