[mosh-devel] cygwin now added

Reini Urban reini at cpanel.net
Thu Jul 19 12:59:15 EDT 2012

On 07/19/2012 10:32 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
> On 07/19/2012 10:28 AM, Florian Bruhin wrote:
>> * Reini Urban<reini at cpanel.net>   [2012-07-19 09:36:57 -0500]:

>>> This seem's to be a cygwin issue.
>>
>> If it is, report a bug, if it's not, fix it ;) You're the maintainer
>> after all :P
>>
>> Mosh is unusable like this IMHO.
>
> Sure. I'm just fixing it :)
> I just needs some hours.
> And maybe I'll add some tests for the cases I found.
>
>>> I only tested good pubkey connections.
>>
>> As mentioned above, I also tried with a working pubkey without any
>> password, and I also got a "Hangup". So no matter what, it didn't work
>> at all for me, and I personally don't think mosh benefits much from
>> having a totally broken package ;)
>
> That's interesting because it worked on all my cygwin machines client
> and server-side without any problem.
> So I would not call it totally broken.
> If it's totally broken for you, I would be happy to take patches.
>
> FWIW: I'm trying out pull# 96.

I fixed pianucci's cxx-wrapper,
his patch-3 + my 1eae847b6c548bbca757db68dc02c1b13e3923da
See https://github.com/keithw/mosh/pull/96#issuecomment-7104016

Looks like the new cxx wrapper needs to add the new feature
"experimental" mode to local echo from 2df9e07926de50b69a78.

Detect bogus MOSH IP earlier maybe also.

This seems to be a new major 1.3,
so testing on all archs appreciated.
--
Reini