[mosh-devel] Application specific agents, side-channel file transfers and triggers

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Thu Apr 26 06:29:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 03:24:31AM +0300, Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:
> Thanks Alex.

Axel.

> I think your answer pretty much summarizes *why* we need something
> with better integration options :)

And I frankly think that mosh is definitely the wrong place for
anything file transfer.

If I want to edit a file remotely with a local editor, I don't need
nice latency. The file is just transmitted when I open it and when I
save it, not on every keystroke.

mosh is great if the editor is on the remote side, so using it for
cases where only the files are remote seems to looking at the wrong
tool.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe at noone.org (Mail+Jabber)