[Mobilepartners] we're teaching about iPhone/iPad apps.... anyone teaching about Android apps for IAP?

Nicole Hennig hennig at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 28 16:25:16 EDT 2010

hi mobile partners & IT partners,

A couple of us in the MIT Libraries are thinking of offering an IAP class about iPhone and iPad apps for academic use (including library-related apps).

Here's our draft description:

Apps4Academics: iPhone/iPad apps & mobile web sites for your Academic Life

In this whirlwind show & tell, we will recommend the best iPhone/iPad apps & mobile web sites for use in your academic life. We'll demo apps for productivity, library research, note-taking, e-reading, PDF-reading & annotating, sketching,  group collaboration, and more. Some apps we'll demo include Evernote, Instapaper, Dropbox, GoodReader, Papers, Wolfram Alpha, PLoS, ACS Mobile, Worldcat Mobile, and Zotero's mobile web site.

We'll point you to the best apps and mobile sites, and then ask class members to also share their favorite apps. If you're thinking about getting an iPhone or iPad, this may help you decide how you might use it.

I'm wondering if anyone out there is thinking of doing something similar for Android?  And if so, would you like to partner with us? Or maybe we could refer people to your class and you to ours.

Just thought it might be nice to cover more than just the iPhone/iPad.

thanks,

Nicole Hennig & Remlee Green

Nicole Hennig
Head, User Experience Group, MIT Libraries
hennig at mit.edu<mailto:hennig at mit.edu> | 617-253-9367
http://libraries.mit.edu/

Twitter: @nic221