[Mobilepartners] Problems with iPhone iOS 4 Update

Matthew D Sullivan irishman at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 24 15:41:38 EDT 2010

Hello All,

Since the release of the iPhone iOS 4 software this week, there have been numerous reports of problematic behaviors. One of the major issues, experienced by some users on campus, is that the Exchange Calendar is not appearing in the calendar on the iPhone. This behavior does not seem to be related to settings. There have been no confirmed updates or notifications from Apple regarding this issue, but there is a l<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2469473&tstart=1>engthy thread brewing on the Apple Discussions board<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2469473&tstart=1>.

MIT has created a bug report with Apple. At this time, I would recommend that anyone who has not already updated their iPhone or iPod software to iOS 4 refrain from doing so – at least until Apple rolls out some type of solution. I will follow up via email when I hear of a fix or an announcement by Apple.

If you have upgraded to iOS 4 and are experiencing this issue, please send email to mobile-help at mit.edu<mailto:mobile-help at mit.edu>. Users who have updated to iOS 4 but are not experiencing these issues can continue business as usual.

Best,
Matthew Sullivan

Matthew Sullivan
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
IS&T | CSS | Service Desk | Mobile Devices Team
P: 617-253-6445
E: irishman at mit.edu<mailto:irishman at mit.edu>
IMPORTANT: IS&T IT Staff will never ask for your password, nor will MIT send email requesting your password information. Please ignore email messages that request this information.