[Mobilepartners] Synch issue with repeating monthly appointments - resending

dkallin dkallin at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 14 14:22:47 EDT 2009

Sorry about resending.  I forgot the list does not seem to process HTML mail.
--------
I have noticed a strange issue of some concern with repeating appointments.

I have a sprint mogul PDA running WM6 which I synch to techtime with SynchML .
I use Outlook on my desktop and there is some outlook connector to Techtime.

It all seems to work pretty well except for one thing I noticed today regarding repeating appointments.

If I create an appointment in Outlook which repeats on the Xth day of every month, e.g the 2nd Tuesday, the appointment will show up in techTime but will not transfer to my PDA.

Other repeat patterns seem to work fine, eg. Every weekday, every Monday, the 15th day of the month,

It does seem to work if I create a recurring appointment on my PDA and it will transfer up to outlook.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I cannot tell where the problem may arise. I suspect it has to do with the repeat function on techtime.  I tried to create a repeating appointment in techTime and it did not work and somehow this lack of functionality messes with the communication with outlook.

Dan

Dan Kallin
dkallin at MIT.edu