[Mobilepartners] iMetro Boston: Free application for iPhone/iPod

Mary J. Ziegler maryz at MIT.EDU
Thu May 22 14:23:33 EDT 2008

Rafael,

It's so nice to hear ATIC's accessibility seminars influenced how you think
about developing applications!

Thank you for letting us know about this iPhone/iPod program.    I'm passing
this on to the MIT mobile devices user group, as there may be users on the
list with an interest in your application.

Regards,
Mary

Mary J. Ziegler
Team Leader, Adaptive Technology Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)
ATIC Lab Room 7-143
617-258-9328
maryz at mit.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rafael Palacios" <Rafael.Palacios at iit.upcomillas.es>
To: <atic at mit.edu>
Cc: <palacios at mit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:49 PM
Subject: iMetro Boston: Free application for iPhone/iPod

Dear IS&T ATIC Lab,
I am a former MIT Faculty that have developed a program for the iPhone
that allows finding the best route between two T-stations in Boston.
I am writing to you because I think that such program may be interesting
for MIT members.  Since you take care of Information Services for people
with disabilities, you may find this applications specially interesting
for those with Mobility Impairment.  The applications find the best
route in terms of time, but also a handicap friendly routes (when
possible).  One good example is to go from Lechmere to the Airport, the
fastest route (22 min) is to change for the Blue line at Government
Center. However, since Government Center is not handicap enabled one may
prefer to change for the Orange line at North Station, then for the Blue
line at State (26 min).

The applications is available at Apple website and also at the original URL:
http://www.apple.com/webapps/travel/imetroboston.html
http://www.iit.upcomillas.es/palacios/iphone/imetro/imetro_boston.html

While I was Visiting Scientist at MIT-Sloan (2001-2002) I attended some
of your seminars about web accessibility, since then I try to be more
more careful in my developments.

Sincerely,
RAFAEL PALACIOS

--
La presente comunicación tiene carácter confidencial y es para el exclusivo
uso del destinatario indicado en la misma. Si Ud. no es el destinatario

This communication contains confidential information. It is for the
exclusive use of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended
addressee, please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited by law. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy this message. Thank you for your
cooperation.