[Mobilepartners] need help setting up Blackberry curve MIT e mail

Andrew Munchbach amunch at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 3 15:55:22 EST 2008

Hi Judy:

I believe what the T-Mobile folks were referring to was a true Enterprise setup (Blackberry Enterprise Server), this is what RIM considers to be the Blackberry's optimal operating environment but it is NOT necessary to get your MIT email.  Please review the following documentation about setting up your T-Mobile Blackberry to receive MIT email.  If you continue to have problems feel free to contact me directly and I can assist further.

http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3908334

Best!
Andrew
- - -
Andrew Munchbach
Mobile Devices Consultant - IS&T
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
amunch at mit.edu
+1 (617) 401-7315

http://mobi.mit.edu

________________________________
From: Judith Wurtman <frieda at MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:46:56 -0500
To: <mobilepartners at MIT.EDU>
Subject: [Mobilepartners] need help setting up Blackberry curve MIT e mail

Hi I am not a member of your group but I was told that someone might be able to help me . I just purchased a Blackberry curve for my T mobile service. I was told by T mobile that 1). I need something called an Enterprise server in order to get MIT e mail which they categorize as a'corporate e mail'
2) MIT told me that putting in my MIT e mail address and password would not connect me to this Enterprise server and I needed to follow some prompts in the phone to put in my account type along with a long list of additional information to be connected to the MIT e mail system..
3) There are no prompts in the Enterprise server menu
4) Should I just use the Blackberry email set up system rather than the Enterprise system.?

5. Should I return the phone?
I would appreciate any and all help as no-one seems to know anything at T mobile, Research in Motion  or the help desk.
Judy Wurtman ( frieda was my dog)