[Mobilepartners] Personal SIP Account Workshop Next Thursday

Dennis Baron dbaron at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 8 13:54:49 EST 2007

At the spring I/T Partners conference IS&T announced that it would
offer a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) service that would allow MIT
users to experiment with advanced voice and video applications and
services over the Internet.  This service is intended for those
interested in exploring new technologies and are comfortable in a
"do-it-yourself" environment.  Support from IS&T is limited to
assisting users with activating their account and using the account
management page.

This service is now available for use by the MIT community and I would
like to invite I/T Partners to and introductory training session on
Personal SIP.  We will provide a SIP overview, allow you to activate
your Personal SIP account, and download software and begin making
voice calls over the Internet.  For more information go to
http://mit.edu/ist/topics/telecommunications/psip/ .

You may register for this course at http://mit.edu/sapwebss/ - use the
Training tab in SAPwebss and search for SIP.  Space is limited but we
will offer additional sessions as needed.  You are encouraged to bring
a laptop with audio input and output device (eg. headset with
microphone).  The workshop will be Thursday, November 15 from 12:00 to
1:00 in room 5-134.

                                Dennis Baron

Dennis Baron; Information Services & Technology    mailto:dbaron at MIT.EDU
Senior Strategist for Integrated Communications      xmpp:dbaron at MIT.EDU
Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Room W92-155   sip:dbaron at MIT.EDU
77 Massachusetts Avenue; Cambridge, MA 02139-4307    tel:+1-617-252-1232