[Mobilepartners] M Dot: Web's Answer to Mobile

Andrew Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Tue May 15 09:44:14 EDT 2007

Greetings!

There is an interesting blog post discussing the preferred URL for mobile websites.

"Whoever thinks the web is sliding ever-so gently onto mobile phones hasn't spent much time mucking around in the cellular browser. The mobile Internet is kicking its way there, with a lot of confusing choices for consumers - dot mobi, WAP, mobile.name.com. But I've noticed a trend lately of Internet companies using m.name.com, or M Dot, to go mobile."

Full Post: http://gigaom.com/2007/05/11/m-dot-webs-answer-to-mobile/
CNET Video:
 http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-27548.html?k=%22queue%22tag=cnetfd.vid

It might be a good time to set up   m.mit.edu   .

If you are interested in this topic or anything that has to do with mobile web, I will be making a presentation at the Webpub User Group meeting on 5/24 (Thursday) 12 pm at N42 Demo Center.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew J. Yu
Mobile Devices Platform Coordinator
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building W92-140B
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307

Phone: 617-324-8985
Fax: 617-258-8736
Email: andrewyu at mit.edu