[Mobilepartners] SyncML for Palm OS Update

Andrew Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 30 08:52:41 EDT 2007

TGIF!

It appears that TechTime Server is now back to normal for Palm OS device users using SyncML.

If you are using a Palm OS device with SyncML, I would appreciate it if you could try the following and get back to me with your feedback:

1. Open SyncML.
2. Go to Menu -> Options -> Settings...
3. Tap on "more..." button next to Events and Tasks.
4. Set Events mode to "reload device".
5. Exit out of Settings and perform Sync operation. (This will update your device with data from TechTime. All existing entries would be erased on the device and replaced with the entries from the TechTime Server.)
6. Open Calendar application and check entries against a TechTime application on your computer (or use http://calendar.mit.edu).
7. On your Palm OS device, create a new calendar entry (e.g. 5 pm: Testing from Treo 700p)
8. Go back to SyncML and perform Sync (since you picked "reload device" in step 4 and performed a sync, you should now be switched to "normal" mode" automatically.)
9. Check for the following:
	a. Do you get any error messages?
	b. Does the entry created in Step 7 (from device) appear on your TechTime app or (calendar.mit.edu)?

Thanks in advance for your help. And, thank you for your patience!

Andrew

__________________________________
Andrew J. Yu
Mobile Devices Platform Coordinator
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building W92-140B
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307

Phone: 617-324-8985
Fax: 617-258-8736
Email: AndrewYu at mit.edu