[Mobilepartners] iPhone: Live Update

Joan M. Cyr jcyr at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 29 12:48:05 EDT 2007

Hi everyone...

I just got off the phone with Lisa Magill, our AT&T major account
manager.  She just got out of a "what you need to know about the iPhone"
lecture, and there's 2 pieces of new info for us:

1)  If an existing MIT Corporate AT&T customer wants to get an iPhone,
we know they need to first change the account from a corporate account
to a personal account.    If the customer currently has *International
roaming capability *on their existing phone, once the migration to the
iPhone is complete, customers must request that *feature be re-activated
*on the iPhone.

2)  For all iPhone activations (whether it's an existing account, or a
new account), *AT&T* *will allow the account to be associated with MIT's
personal foundation account number (FAN) 48118.*  This association* will
not provide any discounts* to the account, but will tie the account to
MIT, thus providing not only the 'numbers' of devices associated with
MIT's account as a whole, but more importantly, *will* *provide for a
higher level of customer (preferred) service on the account.  *What this
means is once you tie the MIT Personal FAN 48118 to your telephone
number, whenever you call into AT&T for customer service, you will be
automatically routed the the "preferred customer service response team,"
and not to* *the general customer service team.

Neither Lisa nor I are sure whether the Apple Store/website can
associate the MIT Individual FAN with the accounts when we activate them
(if we were buying from the AT&T store, it would be done).  So Lisa said
that we (Andrew Yu and I) should collect all the new iPhone activation
telephone numbers and send them to her, and she will make sure the MIT
personal FAN is associated with the MIT iPhone accounts.  Once the dust
settles, we'll find an easier more efficient way to do this.

Joni
--
*Joan M. Cyr
Technical Consultant, 5ESS and Cellular