[Mit_energy] Fuel Cell R&D Job - General Motors

David Thomas Danielson dtdaniel at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 10 17:04:15 EST 2004

General Motors
Fuel Cell Activities
seeking Scientists and Engineers for Fuel Cell Research and Development

The General Motors Fuel Cell Activities
organization was established about seven years
ago, with the charter to develop efficient and
environmentally friendly technology that will
redefine the automobile.  We have made
significant strides towards achieving that goal;
examples include a fleet of fuel cell vehicles
now providing demonstration drives in Washington
D.C. and delivering FedEx® packages in Tokyo.  We
are excited about the potential for the
technology we are developing, and we are looking
for talented and motivated people to join our
team.

Open Positions
We have several openings for scientists/engineers
to join the Fuel Cell Stack Research Team at our
facility in Honeoye Falls, near Rochester, NY.
Job responsibilities involve fundamental
materials research for Polymer Electrolyte Fuel
Cells (PEFC), covering aspects of MEA (membrane
electrode assembly) and fuel cell stack materials
performance and durability.  This includes
catalysts, membranes, and diffusion media as well
as bipolar plate materials and bipolar plate
coatings used in PEFCs.

Requirements
We are seeking strong experimentalists with
experience or training in electrochemistry,
electrochemical engineering, corrosion, and/or
materials characterization.  Successful
candidates should have demonstrated research
experience in one of the above fields and a solid
theoretical background in electrochemistry and/or
materials science.  We are looking for
engineers/scientists who possess either a B.S.
degree with significant R&D experience or an M.S.
degree.  Relevant degrees include Materials
Engineering/Science, Chemistry, or Chemical
Engineering.

To apply, mail or email cover letter and resume to:

Dr. Mark Mathias
General Motors - Fuel Cell Activities
10 Carriage Street
Honeoye Falls, NY, USA 14472

mark.mathias at gm.com

We will contact selected candidates with interview invitation.