[Mit_energy] Open Hearing for Cape Wind @ MIT!!

nubia@brandeis.edu nubia at brandeis.edu
Tue Dec 7 15:43:54 EST 2004

We definitely could state facts about bird mortality and fuel offsets;
however, I'm sure that the panel has heard these reasons ad nauseum. How
great would it be if we wrote a letter as the "MIT Energy Group" in support
of Cape Wind--not only because of the overwhelming scientific, economic, and
social benefits of the project, but because we are young adults who are
eventually going to obtain the societal reigns of command. The "fact" is that
we DO want renewable energy in our future. We DO want cleaner air. We DO want
less fossil fuel dependency. And we aren't afraid to have our voices heard.

..somebody could even read the letter at the hearing!

Those are my thoughts.

~nubia

http://www.capewind.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=83&page=1#PUBL