[Macpartners] El Capitan and Dreamweaver

Marion Leeds Carroll mlcar at mit.edu
Wed Dec 16 14:38:36 EST 2015

Hi -

I am now on long-term disability from MIT, but I still use Dreamweaver for my own amusement. I still have the Mac I used while working at MIT - it was too old to be handed off to someone else - so I’ve been using it as a place to experiment before changing things on my personal Mac.

I upgraded to El Capitan on this Mac, and, although I still have Photoshop and Illustrator, my Dreamweaver has disappeared, and I can’t figure out how to get it back.  So I don’t dare upgrade my personal Mac to El Capitan - I can’t afford to lose my Dreamweaver!

I went to the MIT IS&T software page, and was sent to an Adobe page where they offered me a 30-day free trial of their latest Dreamweaver, after which they’ll charge me around $20/month for their properties-heavy new version of the program.

Is there any way I can revive my simple old Dreamweaver CS3 on El Capitan? Is there a simple alternative?  If not, I guess I’l leave my personal Mac on Yosemite.

Thanks -
Marion

=====
Marion Leeds Carroll
mlcar at mit.edu

==> Please note:  My last working day at MIT was Friday, May 24, 2013.

For MIT Libraries help, please contact web-lib at mit.edu

===

Music to Cure MS
http://singtocurems.org