[Macpartners] Trouble after 10.5.6 updates

Helen Rose hrose at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 27 10:27:52 EST 2009

We've seen some problems with systems after the 10.5.6 update.

* Citrix: clients have trouble printing. Using Citrix Client
10.00.603, clients don't see their local printer in the Printer Setup
dialog in the Windows app.

* Certificates: clients can't access an internal website that requires
a valid MIT personal certificate using Safari.

Unfortunately, these problems are not consistently seen. In all cases,
the machines were updated using the 10.5.6 COMBO updater. Permissions
were repaired and caches cleaned.

We went as far as to install 10.5 from install disks, apply 10.5.6
updater, and was able to reproduce the Citrix client and Safari bugs.
That doesn't explain why some of our 10.5.6 clients are not having
trouble, however.

--Helen