[Macpartners] mail 4.1 how to set/use a Sent folder that's local and not on the imap server?

Aran M. Parillo aran at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 7 13:45:11 EST 2009

Hi,

A very frustrated Mac Mail user just whacked their entire sent folder
off the MIT IMAP server not knowing that adjusting her "sent"
preferences would NOT just simply keep her sent mail on her mac.

I am now trying to see/setup her Mail to store her sent mails on her mac
but this seems not possible.

I've created a new folder "on my mac" and tried selecting the folder and
using the "mailbox" pulldown to "use this mailbox for" but it does not
allow me to select sent.

Is my only option to create a Rule to port a copy of any "sent" messages
  to this local folder?

Thanks for your thoughts here...

Aran