[Macpartners] ip change at reboot under bootcamp + sftp

Patrick M McNeal mcneal at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 4 15:23:45 EST 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Alexis Turjman wrote:

> 1) I am using bootcamp to run Windows 7 and working with Amira (3D surface reconstruction software). The license is ip-dependent and unfortunately, my ip under windows changes upon reboot. Somebody knows how to stabilize the ip or sove the issue?
> 2) Can you recommend a good secured ftp server under OS X 10.6? For some reason the buit-in unsecured one doesn't work.  Thoughts?

Hey Alexis - for #1, if you're on the MIT network, I'd get a static IP address and configure Windows to use it.  For #2, would scp work?  If so, enabling "remote login" in the sharing system preference turns on both ssh and scp access.  Most modern file transfer programs, include Fetch, support scp.  When you enable any remote access service, you'll want to use strong passwords, and limited access to only accounts that need it.

--Patrick