[Macpartners] VMware appliances with MIT software

Jonathan McIndoe Hunt jmhunt at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 10 15:45:18 EDT 2008

Hi Allan and others,

Deb Bowser will be sending more information on the VMware Release Project
Kickoff this week.  We have discussed the idea of having a series of
preinstalled VMs and see the value to that.  There are a number of things
that need to be worked through before we can deliver such a service, some of
which have already been mentioned like licensing and user accounts.  The
initial phase of the project will focus on getting basic support in place
including how to install and setup VMware.  A later phase of the project
will focus on preconfigured VMs with a sets of preinstalled software.  Stay
tuned for Deb's note.

Thanks,

Jon

Jonathan McIndoe Hunt     MIT EECS '97 617.253.0172

Senior Manager Software Services

Client Support Services

Information Services & Technology, MIT

 <http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/software/>