[Macpartners] VMware appliances with MIT software

James Cain jrcain at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 10 14:07:59 EDT 2008

Allan,

I have several, however there are licensing issues that need to be
addressed before such wholesale exchange of VMs occurs.  (Yes I
understand that MIT has a site license for XP) Perhaps someone from
IS&T can jump into this?

Best Regards,
Jim

On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Allan Doyle wrote:

> In the spirit of the VMware appliance marketplace at http://www.vmware.com/appliances/
>  - are there any pre-built MIT virtual machines to be had?
>
> In particular, a pre-installed MIT Windows XP would be nice.
>
> 	Allan
> --
> Allan Doyle
> Director of Technology
> MIT Museum
> +1.617.452.2111

James R Cain											617.253.3909

Educational Technology Liaison							http://web.mit.edu/jrcain
Office of Educational Innovation and Technology				http://web.mit.edu/due/OEIT.html
Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Education
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

77 Massachusetts Avenue
Bldg. NE48-308
Cambridge, MA 02139