[Macpartners] iCal and 12 am confusion

Jonathan Reed jdreed at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 11 11:11:42 EDT 2007

Hi Felix,

It may be a bug that is causing iCal to display an event at noon
before an event in the morning, however iCal is correct about noon
and midnight.  Noon, or midday, is in fact 12:00pm.  Midnight is
12:00am.  If you change your country settings in the "International"
System Preference to something like the UK, for example, you'll see
that iCal correctly turns noon into 12:00 and midnight into 00:00.

Try switching to a 24-hour time and see if the bug occurs then.

-Jon